week 3 EXP2

36 textures from light to dark

v.1 

v.2

v.2

I did two 36 sketches. I started in my book but when I came around to transferring it on white paper, I felt like I could do more so I have made a few changes and also the last picture was scanned and saturated in PS but the yellow hue started appearing so another reason to transfer it on white paper. 

The Architecture

Final work:


A really simple, I think, work that deals with curves.


Place the model in lumion, but it forgot the curve skin and I don't know why.



Firstly, I've changed the axonometric sketch that I based the architecture on:

(axonometric sketches)









1. Inspirations that led me here:

These pictures above are a tram station, and bus stations on the bottom. I thought they looked simple , which them prompted the question: what makes the structure of a station? Is it not just a shelter, tall and long enough to shelter from the sun, rain and wind? Its basic necessities are the opal card reader machines, a way to move into the stop and long enough so that when you get onto the tram, if it rains you won't get wet. 

In my first model: I've identified issues with it, and the more I look at it, I really didn't think I could work with this anymore. 



The picture above just shows the textures I have used in the architecture that I have drawn. 

So I've decided to start again, this time with a focus on the architects and technology which led to curves. 
Amanda Levete's work, I think out of the two had more curves which gave an organic look that can look futuristic and clean. Candela,  the structural engineer/ architect person that Catherine mentioned(but I forgot the name), and Servo-Stockholm - LAX sort of gave inspiration to the final model (I learnt about these people in another class and I though it was really cool). In addition to this, I also wanted to look at curves in nature. 


Nikki Graziano, too the pictures above and from the curve outlines, she has a math equation defined for that specific curve. 


Servo-Stockholm - LAX

This image above inspired the hexagon 'solid' to stick out of the roof which ties in nicely with Miralles and the concept statement that I made: Miralles playfullness with geometry encapsulates a different side of human nature's willingness to comply with the norm. 

 The hexagon cylinder are my technology/ sustainability element


The two grey frames are the solar panel- used to collect energy so that the station will be able to light up at night and in the day, he middle rectangular frame is used to channel the light into the structure; at night the light will be projected out, illuminating the structure. 



The curves, I guess inspired from Candela's shell and is model to be like his shells, in that is economical: uses less material, easy to build. The arc in the back allows easy access into the rail stop as well as provide a guide to the way out and in. 


Progress:

This is taken from the first model, the roof- I tried to do something with it- not really working 





Hyperbolic paraboloid curve



the roof and a curved surface which is inspired by the structural engineer/architect







the beginnings of the final work:








Link to file of all works:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xZIT42_w1nk-dd4NAjMsze-G14mi9ycO













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post

week 2; the Stairs